YES Application is now Closed. Please check back in 2018.
DEADLINE: March 31st
Please call 408.484.6211 or email email@example.com if you have questions about the application process.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Was a dependent of the court and in an out-of-home foster care placement for at least one day after applicant’s 13th birthday
- Currently/formerly from Santa Clara County or San Mateo County child welfare system or currently receiving ILP services from Santa Clara County
- Achieved a minimum (overall) 2.0+ cumulative high school GPA and received your high school diploma or GED or 2.0+ cumulative college GPA
- Demonstrate a commitment and capacity to completing a degree / certificate or meeting college transfer requirements
- Accepted to or attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school for the Fall 2017 academic term
- Completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if attending college in the Fall and be deemed eligible for all federal and state financial aid
- Have “unmet” financial need or have educational loans that do not exceed the cost of attendance as determined by the campus Financial Aid Office
Step 2: Download & review the User Guide below
How to Apricot – Scholarship Application User Guide (<– click here)
Step 4: Start the application, using the guide as reference
Step 5: Complete ALL parts of the online application & submit
Required uploads (ie. things to start working on ASAP):
Attach/Upload a personal statement (2-3 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, include your name in the header on each page) that addresses all parts of the essay prompt.
Two recommendation letters
You will need two different people (not related to you) to write you a letter of recommendation. It should address your education goals and the qualities that make you a good fit for our program.
Dependency Verification Letter or Card
Ask your current county social worker for this letter OR if you are from Santa Clara County, contact Carla Macias (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Larissa Ramos (email@example.com) to request a digital copy of your Dependency Verification Letter.
Copy of your transcripts
You will need to get your official or unofficial transcript from each educational institution attended (high school and college).
CONTACT Glenda Castro (408-484-6211, firstname.lastname@example.org) IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT UPLOADING ANY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.