Applications are Being Accepted!
DEADLINE: March 31st, 2016
Please call 408.484.6211 or email email@example.com if you have questions about the application process. FORMER YES SCHOLARS: Please contact YES staff for more information about the re-application process.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Was a dependent of the court and in an out-of-home foster care placement for at least one day after applicant’s 13th birthday
- Currently/formerly from Santa Clara County or San Mateo County child welfare system or currently receiving ILP services from Santa Clara County
- Achieved a minimum (overall) 2.0+ cumulative high school GPA and received your high school diploma or GED or 2.0+ cumulative college GPA
- Demonstrate a commitment and capacity to completing a degree / certificate or meeting college transfer requirements
- Accepted to or attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school for the Fall 2016 academic term
- Completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if attending college in the Fall and be deemed eligible for all federal and state financial aid
- Have “unmet” financial need or have educational loans that do not exceed the cost of attendance as determined by the campus Financial Aid Office
Step 2: Start the Online Application
Register to access the online application:
1. Click on the box above “Click Here to Apply Online”
2. Click on “Log In”
3. Enter a username and enter your email address.
4. Click “Register”. A password and link to the online application will be emailed to you immediately.
5. Check your email and log back into the application using the link, username and password that was generated for you. Using this information you will be able to save and log back in to the application for up to 30 days.
Step 3: Complete ALL Parts of the Online Application
- Application Form
- Budget Worksheet
- Upload Personal Statement
Attach/Upload a personal statement (2-3 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 1 inch margins, include your name in the header on each page) that addresses all parts of the essay prompt.
- Upload two recommendation letters
You will need two different people (not related to you) to write you a letter of recommendation.
- Upload a Dependency Verification Letter
Ask your current county social worker for this letter OR if you are from Santa Clara County, contact Carla Macias to get a copy of your Dependency Verification Letter. Carla Macias, Santa Clara County ILP Coordinator – Phone: (408) 501-6836.
- Upload a copy of your transcript
You will need to get your official or unofficial transcript from each educational institution attended (high school and/or college).
CONTACT YES STAFF IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE UPLOADING ANY OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.